Joe Biden struggled with this when he was a kid.
Whether you like the guy or not, Joe Biden, has had his share of hardships in life:
1) As a child, Biden stuttered and was teased by his classmates. He practiced reading aloud in front of a mirror and worked hard to overcome it. During law school he befriended a stutterer and worked with him regularly on his speech. Now Biden is known as a loquacious orator. - US News
2) Several weeks after he was elected to the Senate in 1972 (at age 29, though he would reach the constitutional age of 30 by the time he was sworn in), his wife and young daughter were killed in an automobile accident. US News
3) In 1988, he nearly died from a brain aneurysm. US News
4) During the 1991 Clarence Thomas Supreme Court nomination hearings, when Biden chaired the Senate Judiciary Committee, he had to go to his dentist in the middle of the night for two root canals. US News
5) He withdrew from the 1988 presidential race after reports surfaced that he had plagiarized a British politician's words. US News